Subject: Shark DHCP swap changes between 1.3.1 and 1.4-alpha?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: David G Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/15/1999 01:56:43
  Another change I couldn't find mentioned was a change with how the
SHARKs obtain their swap partition, if you're using DHCP to configure
them.  With the 1.3.1 DEC distribution, one simply had to specify:

   extensions-path  "blah.blah.blah.%s"

or whatnot, and the SHARK would grok this and automatically mount it as
its swap partition.  A glance through nfs_bootdhcp.c doesn't indicate any
attempt to gather swap information (the bootp version still does);  is
this something I'm missing, an oversight, or something deliberate?

(I've hacked around it in the rc scripts, but this was a fairly convenient
feature when running 1.3.1, so we didn't have to modify much of the base
system).

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com