Subject: RE: Testers needed: possible problem in "filecore" filesystem
To: 'richard.earnshaw@arm.com' <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Gilbert, Christopher <GilbeC@tetraworld.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/08/1999 14:59:55
> From: Richard Earnshaw [mailto:rearnsha@arm.com]
> ee95seh@brunel.ac.uk said:
> > Also, has anybody else noticed problems copying from unixfs mounted
> > ffs partitions onto filecore? My machine seems to drop the odd byte
> > here and there, usually replacing them with garbage. Not a huge
> > problem with textfiles, but with binary files???
>
> Yes, I've seen this once when I was transferring some text
> files.  I can't
> remember the details but when I subsequently tried to
> transfer a gzipped
> tar file it worked without a hitch (and since gzip files are
> checksummed I
> guess there were no problems with the transfer).

It definitely effected all files over a certain size, and only going one
way, IE ADFS to UNIXFS is fine, but not UNIXFS to ADFS, I think it was fixed
as some point, was a right pain when I found this out (I'd copied all the
tgz files from Riscbsd to adfs as a backup)  Try checking the mailing list
archives from about 2yrs ago (July 1996-June 97)

Chris

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and may not represent those of the company.

This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient. You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail to another pers
on or take copies of it.