Subject: Ramdisk on a terminal program instead of monitor?
To: 'port-arm32@netbsd.org' <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <BruceM@cat.co.za>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/29/1999 15:10:48

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE79E5.90C3FA80

I am running NetBSD on an EBSA board, which does not give
output to a monitor, but rather a terminal program attached
to the serial port, and 38400 bps. When I make a ramdisk,
the boot process happens as normal, displaying bootup info
on the terminal prog.

However, when I select ramdisk as the boot device, the
system obviously uses a different baud rate, as I get
garbled ascii chars. I suspect this is because somehow I
have to tell the system my consol is not Pc but std.38400. I
tried including a correct ttys file, but I suspect that the
ramdisk starts in single user mode, and thus this did not
solve the problem.

How do I make sure my ramdisk knows to output at 38400 at
startup?

Thanks
  Bruce

------ =_NextPart_001_01BE79E5.90C3FA80

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>Ramdisk on a terminal program instead of monitor?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am running NetBSD on an EBSA board, which does not =
give output to a monitor, but rather a terminal program attached to the =
serial port, and 38400 bps. When I make a ramdisk, the boot process =
happens as normal, displaying bootup info on the terminal prog. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>However, when I select ramdisk as the boot device, =
the system obviously uses a different baud rate, as I get garbled ascii =
chars. I suspect this is because somehow I have to tell the system my =
consol is not Pc but std.38400. I tried including a correct ttys file, =
but I suspect that the ramdisk starts in single user mode, and thus =
this did not solve the problem.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>How do I make sure my ramdisk knows to output at =
38400 at startup?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp; Bruce </FONT>