Subject: Re: Xarm33 & -current
To: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/1999 09:53:03
On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, David Forbes wrote:

: > : I've just managed to get a -current kernel to build and boot for the first
: > : time on my A7000+, using egcs.  If I do I "make build", will this
: > : adversely affect all the old X stuff?
: >
: > No.  The `src' tree doesn't include anything X-related.
:
: I was thinking more along the lines of problems with new library versions
: and so on, using bind v8 and other things that may have changed?

Welcome to the world of binary compatibility - one of NetBSD's commitments
to excellence.  ;)

There should be no problems.  As far as BIND 8 is concerned, unless you're
running a name *server*, you don't have any worries.