Subject: unbreaking the toolchain..
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/24/1999 18:31:46
I'm sure this has come up in the past; sorry for the duplication..

I'm currently running a shark with a 1.3I kernel and the October
snapshot.

I'm trying to build a bunch of pkgsrc packages, and haven't been able
to successfully generate a shared library (the code typically blows up
trying to reference static data in the shared library).

My best guess is that some part of the toolchain in the October
snapshot is broken and can't build shared libraries correctly.

Since most of userland is build shared, clearly *someone* out there
has a toolchain which can build shared libraries..  what parts am I
missing?

					- Bill