Subject: Re: SCSI test-kernel status
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/24/1999 17:21:12
In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.990224173622.1960B-100000@student.physik.uni-mainz.de>
          Sebastian Maus <maus@student.physik.uni-mainz.de> wrote:

> If there are no really important reasons against it I would like to see
> the SCSI patches (particularly the _working_ cosc device patch) included
> in next kernels. The only kernel that includes this is
> VOYAGER-SCSI-TEST.gz . . . . . . Sep 08 1998  23:07    673k
> which is no INSTALL kernel.
> This move would allow me to _boot_ NetBSD here, which would be a great
> improvement over current kernels (which hang probing SCSI devices).

You should not expect too much from the cosc device patch. OK, it did not
hang already when booting. But it will hang after transferring about
500kByte from any SCSI device, at least with my Connect32 SCSI card.

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p