Subject: ANNOUNCE: SHARK AV Drivers, Beta 0.1
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mark J. Foster <mfoster@mail.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/1999 21:09:17
The Beta SHARK AV device drivers are finally released.  As a reminder,
the AV system supports six distinct devices on the SHARK, which are
suitable for home control applications, including: (renamed at user
request):

    uart:       TX/RX on the SHARK's serial port
    rtscts0:    TX on serial port RTS, RX on serial port CTS
    dtrdsr0:    TX on serial port DTR, RX on serial port DSR
    ir:         TX/RX on the SHARK's InfraRed Hardware,
                supporting conventional ~38 KHz consumer
                IR remote controls.
    rtscts1:    TX on internal RTS, RX on internal CTS
    dtrdsr1:    TX on internal DTR, RX on internal DSR

The distribution file for AV is:

    ftp://ftp.talix.com/pub/av/av0_1-netbsd-19980407.tar.gz

In its current form, this code is designed to drop in to the original
SHARK NetBSD distribution, 19980407.  If you have any problems with the
installation, please let me know ASAP!

As time goes on, I'll try to create AV distribution files for other
SHARK distributions - please let me know if you are planning on using
AV, but are running a different source tree (you might want to try these
first, since the system sources which are patched are relatively
version-independent).

I'm very interested in any feedback you may have!

Good Luck!
Mark Foster

P.S. My apologies to those of you who've waited too long for AV...  I've
been buried in trying to get TV-Out to work properly.  While I've
finally gotten the hardware to work, a real TV-Out distribution will
take awhile, since doing this right will require some fairly major
changes, including new firmware, mods to the console driver, and mods to
X.  If you really need TV-Out immediately, drop me an email, and I can
share some of the hacks I've been using with you to get this limping
along...