Subject: Re: Threads in arm32?
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Dave Millen <webmaster@largesalad.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/1999 16:07:49
Hi,

Edwin Foo wrote:

> I have managed to get kaffe to pass thread tests using a snapshot of Kaffe
> from approx. 1 week ago. Internal jthreads should work okay.

Thanks :)

For some reason jthreads only seems to work in applets(which I hadn't tried), I
only tried the test suite in the distribution (eg. java <Classname>), where
programs without threads all worked fine, but programs with threads all go to
sleep before giving any output.

However appletviewer <htmlfile> seems to work fine with pages containing my own
thread based applets. Since this is what I actually need for my own
requirements, I'm now quite a happy bunny! Now to try to make it work with
Mozilla

> I have never been able to get mit-pthreads to work, but others might have. I
> think I remember someone getting msql or mysql to work once and posting
> about it to this mailing list.

The last time I tried the pkgsrc mysql, it would only allow me to build the
client because of the lack of threads. I didn't bother and instead used perl and
csv databases, which wasn't very satisfactory, but it worked.

regards,
Dave
--
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot!

e-mail: webmaster@largesalad.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk/DJMsoft/