Subject: arm32-19981224 snapshot is up.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/27/1998 23:05:08
Thanks to Edwin Foo we now have pub/ availability at:

ftp://hesed.mit.edu/pub/netbsd/arm32/

A proper home page with more detail than the README is at:

http://www.toddpw.org/arm32-snapshot.html

Literal copy of current README follows. (Yeah, it needs work.)

	NetBSD-arm32 (unofficial) snapshot, sources from 24-Dec-1998
	Static userland. Old BIND. Kernel for Chalice CATS systems.
	EGCS compiler used. No X11 or pkgsrc.

What's here:

readme
	this file.
base.tgz comp.tgz etc.tgz games.tgz kern.tgz man.tgz misc.tgz secr.tgz text.tgz
	the usual tarballs
ubermake.tgz
	archive of the snapshot "uber make" system and lots of logfiles.

./src/all.patches
	unidiff of all local-maintained patches vs. a straight netbsd.org SUP
./src/etc.mk.conf
	local version of /etc/mk.conf used to build everything
./src/lastsup.log
	copy of logfile from last SUP session before patching & building
./src/security/*
	release(7) style directory of "domestic" software sources
./src/sets/*
	release(7) style directory of exportable kernel & userland sources

Note that to rebuild the sources yourself you should either use the mk.conf
provided here or check the port-arm32@netbsd.org mailing list for the latest
info about arm32 toolchain issues from Todd Vierling. It should be possible
to build shared libs/binaries by suppressing the installation of the rebuilt
assembler, but I don't know of anyone who's tried that yet.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ toddpw.org
Sat Dec 26 19:16:41 PST 1998