Subject: Re: Disk Partitions
To: None <D.Ferguson@worc.ac.uk, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/22/1998 16:04:26
On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 02:50:51PM +0000, D.Ferguson@worc.ac.uk wrote:

> > > How do i remove the NetBSD partition frmo my harddisk without reformatting
> > > the whole harddisk?  I would like to turn it over to something else but i havent
> > > found out how yet.
>
> > Define "something else." MS-DOS/WIndows/etc.?
> > FDISK should be able to handle it.
>
> Is there an FDISK for an RPC?  Can't seem to find one anywhere atm, so could
> you poin me in the right direction?

Sorry, no idea. Until know you didn't even mention you're talking about Risc
PC.

But generally:

- if you want to use the whole disk for some other OS, use whatever the other
OS uses to repartition it.

- if you want to just reassign one partition to a different OS, that shares
the partition table format with NetBSD, uhm... see above, or use NetBSD's
partition editor.

Sorry, I don't know how the names of the programs used to edit RiscPC
partition tables are called for either NetBSD or the native RiscPC OS..

	-is