Subject: I've had an idea for a program...
To: NetBSD ARM 32 <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Coles <andrew@andycole.force9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/17/1998 19:47:09
I've thought of a way of working around the StrongARM bug problem, which
unfortunately involves recompiling, but luckily requires little effort on
my part (I learnt C last weekend :-)

If you take the ready-to-be-assembled output from the C compiler (gcc -S)
you just do an intelligent search-and-replace on the code replacing all the
bugged instructions (one involving STMIA and another one involving LDR
AFAIR) with replacement instructions which do the same job, for example,
unrolling STMs and replacing them with STRs, and then assemble the code
using the normal 'as' the resultant code is SA bug free.

All I need to know is what instructions are bugged and need replacing.

Thanks for any help

Andrew