Subject: xemacs v20.3 problems
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ib-Michael Martinsen <imm@nethotel.dk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 16:32:25
Hello there.

I have recently tried to upgrade xemacs v19.15 from the NetBSD/arm32 v1.3alfa
to v20.3. If I remember correctly, it was compiled by Mike Pumford.
However I have experienced a few problems:

First off all, xemacs is complaining about some libraries of mine which
are not up to date:

libjpeg.so.6.1 should be libjpeg.so.7.0
libc.so.12.20 should be libc.so.12.26

Where do I get the up-to-date versions?
In order to make xemacs v20.3 work I made a symbolic link from
libjpeg.so.7.0 to libjpeg.so.6.1. xemacs then starts, complains
about the version of libc.so with the following message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.20: minor version >= 26 expected, using it anyway

and continues anyway. Can the wrong libraries be the cause of the
following problems?

When I click the Mail icon below the menubar I get the following error:

Wrong type argument: commandp, toolbar-not-configured

When I click the News icon I get the following error:

Configure the item via `M-x customize RET toolbar RET'

If I the configure the menu and set the mailreader to vm and the newsreader to
gnus (the same I used in xemacs v19.15), I am able to start the newsreader by
clicking on the news icon, whereas clicking the mail icon yields the following
error:

Cannot open load file: vm

This message is also issued if I try to start the mailreader with the command
M-x vm RET

How do I get the vm program to work?

The function C-h f toolbar-not-configured describes the function as a
compiled Lisp function. How come that the following command
M-x toolbar-not-configured
gives the messages [No match]?
Should it not be be possible to execute it this way?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
   Ib-Michael
--
Ib-Michael Martinsen		Email at work: imm.it@dsg.dk
Fidomail:      2:234/181.9	Email at home: imm@nethotel.dk

Running NetBSD/arm32 v1.3alfa on an Acorn RiscPC with a 202MHz StrongArm.