Subject: Re: arm32 kernel crashes
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 09:32:53
On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Todd Whitesel wrote:

: > Yes, that seems plausible, after reading David Forbes' message. I don't
: > think my crash has anything to do with yours. You aren't running usbd by any
: > chance are you?
:
: Aye Carumba!! USB in -current was broken for a few days this week. See
: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/mlist/current-users/1998/12/12/0001.html
: and get a fresh SUP. Uninitialized struct pointers, very bad.
:
: The worst part is, the old gcc flagged them down, but EGCS did not. Brrr.

egcs is deliberately set -Wno-uninitialized.  This is because egcs 1.1.x has
a nasty flow analysis bug that will tell you that a variable is used
uninitialized in lots of code where it's blatantly obvious that it isn't.