Subject: RE: arm32 kernel crashes
To: 'richard.earnshaw@arm.com' <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 08:12:13
Now that I think about it, probably not -- usb seems like it is a victim,
not the culprit.

Interrupt handling failing somewhere, perhaps? USB also has to deal with
interrupts, and -- another data point - I just managed to get my CATS box to
crash again, this time running the regression suite for the Kaffe JVM...
this time while running the ThreadInterrupt test... and if I ignore it and
go on, I get lots of SEGVs every time any sort of thread-handling code is
invoked that uses interrupts. I can't type "t" or even "show reg" though --
the machine locked up tight after I typed that at the debugger prompt.

This was with kaffe-1.0b3.tar.gz, for reference. I still don't know whether
interrupts or any one thing in particular is causing this, so this is just
my uninformed speculation.

-Edwin