Subject: Re: GCC optimization suggestion
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 12:35:47
> > Does this mean that all I have to do, is sup gcc, compile it,
> > and then start to use -mtune=strongarm?
>
> Doubtful. You can probably sup src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs and src/gnu/lib, then
> do the "make includes && make depend && make && make install" cycle first
> in egcs, and then in lib.

You shouldn't need to do all that, which would probably also require you
to upgrade your kernel as well.  All you should need is gnu/dist/gcc,
gnu/usr.bin/egcs and share/mk.  Egcs is pretty portable code and doesn't
need anything in the new includes/libc to build.  You only need share/mk
because the standard makefiles are replaced with NetBSD ones.  Whether you
can sup these as individual components, I don't know.

R.