Subject: Re: GCC optimization suggestion
To: None <kim@pvv.ntnu.no>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/14/1998 04:14:02
> Does this mean that all I have to do, is sup gcc, compile it,
> and then start to use -mtune=strongarm?

Doubtful. You can probably sup src/gnu/usr.bin/egcs and src/gnu/lib, then
do the "make includes && make depend && make && make install" cycle first
in egcs, and then in lib.

However to avoid the shared library bugs you probably want

	LDSTATIC=-static
	NOPIC=1

in /etc/mk.conf.

> NetBSD has seemed quite unstable for a while, so I havent upgraded for months.

I think this is because Mark B. was doing a lot of integrations (like EBSA285
and CATS support, turning on WSCONS, UVM, etc.) and Todd V. was converting it
to use EGCS, which really shook things up. I'm not sure if PIC is working in
EGCS yet, but it shouldn't be long now.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com