Subject: Re: ldconfig - query
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@auroral.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/11/1998 15:23:39
On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Timothy Coltman wrote:

: Having said that, I think I might wait until egcs is a part of the
: source tree for NetBSD and some kind soul produces a egcs-included
: snapshot and shared libs work again.

Shouldn't be too much longer.

: Can someone tell me if egcs supports shared code yet? When I compile stuff
: that has the -fPIC or -fpic flags, it complains that the compiler doesn't
: support this flag (ie -fpic/-fPIC). Are these the flags compilers use to produce
: shared/dynamic code or am I getting confused with something else? (This was
: with version 1.03 - I'm going to try and compile 1.1.1 soon - does 1.1.1 include
: all the patches that Richard and Charles posted to this list?)

egcs, 1.anything, or even trunk, has peculiarities `out of the box'.  I
suggest `don't use it' until I roll patches back to Cygnus, some of which
were supposed to be included in 1.1.1.  :/