Subject: kernel panic on RiscPC
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Voss <voss@yoda.in-berlin.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/05/1998 14:29:11
Hi folks,

since about 2 weeks I get the following kernel panic with every kernel
that I'm building from current. The panic happens at boot time shortly
after detecting the first hard disk. These are the last few lines of the
error message:

pioc0 SMC FDC37C665GT peripheral controller rev 2
wdc0 at pioc0 offset 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 9
Data abort: 'Permission error (page) status=00f address=0000003c PC=f0007d10
panic: permission fault in kernel by kernel

Stopped in at _Debugger+0x10: ldmdb   r11, {r11, r13, r15}
db> console_kbd = 0

My machine spec: RiscPC, bugged SA110, 64 MB RAM, running October
snapshot of NetBSD 1.3.2 but kernels (and libkvm) from -current.

Any ideas?

Regards,
   Stefan

--