Subject: Re: Modem trouble
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: David Forbes <dmf20@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/23/1998 10:26:47
> Which serial port do you have it attached too---I don't know, but could
> it be on the polling non-interrupt one built into the footbridge, if so
> could it be losing a character or something?

Well, I'm having trouble telling which is which at the mo.  I think I've
got it right though, because the first time, the machine wouldn't boot,
because the modem responded to the boot> prompt...

To access it, I'm using /dev/tty00.  (Physically, it's the one nearest the
PCI sockets.)  There's something called fcom floating around - is this the
footbridge port?

Thanks,
David.