Subject: Re: Are there any limits on hard-disc size?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy Coltman <timothy_coltman@hotmail.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/11/1998 11:52:57
>On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:
>
>> Timothy Coltman wrote:
>>
>> > Having randomly been given 100UKP for getting a degree, I'm looking
>> > buy a new hard-disc as my crappy old Connor 1032Mb is too slow and
I'm
>> > running out of room for all the NetBSD delights I have. What is the
>> > biggest size hard-disc that NetBSD arm/32 supports? I'm thinking
about a
>> > 5.1Gb Quantum EX.
>>
>> I'd guess that the maximum size is probably around two terrabytes.
What
>> RiscOS will support and handle is probably more the question.
>Hmm 64bits addresses more that take doesn't it ?
>Actaully will RiscOS have a problem with it ? Certain putting filecore
on
>it may be more of a problem. If it is not the only disk on the system
then
>it does not even need to be configured under RiscOS.
>
>Cheers,
>				Mark

Hurrah. What's all this about filecore problems? I know there's a
ADFSBuffers problem with >2Gb discs but (a) I use Simtec's IDE card and
(b) can't it be fixed with a ROMPatch? Will I still get the problem? I'm
going to have a <1Gb partition at the start of the disc to store all the
exciting downloads I've got. I've already got another slow 850mb HD as
my primary device, so I can't imagine there being any problems... (hopes
:-))

Cheers,
tim