Subject: Serial port question
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/08/1998 11:07:01
While trying to boot my ebsa285-like hardware with NetBSD, I noticed
something in footbridge_com.c that I thought was kind of weird.  The
reason I noticed it was when I jump into the kernel from firmware,
I seem to get to fcomcnattach() and die there, continuously looping
back to this point.  I traced into this routine, and noticed it calls
fcominit().  Does fcominit() have to write the UART control register to
enable the FIFO?  Looking at the 21285 Core Logic sheet, the order of
Serial Port initialization isn't too clear on this.  I put a write of
0x1 to the UART control register in there to see if that was my problem.
I will report back as to whether or not that helped.

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Storage Networking Group