Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling from i386 to arm32
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
From: Edwin Foo <efoo@MIT.EDU>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/05/1998 08:49:29
Yup, I saw the directory -- I asked because the last mail messages I saw on
the list related to EBSA-285 said it was still a work in progress. I
couldn't tell whether the support was complete -- there's no ChangeLog for
any of the stuff in /sys/arch/arm32 .. hint, hint. :-)

Thanks though. Here's another question -- where's source for the bootloader
mentioned in /sys/arch/arm32/docs/bootloader? =) boot/README (the file
mentioned in there) doesn't appear anywhere in there as far as I can tell.
For the project I'm working on I'll need to write a bootloader too, and I'm
curious to see how the existing ones work -- anyone running NetBSD/arm32
out of flash directly?

-Edwin

ps: please pardon all the questions -- we're off on another StrongARM
project here at DEC CRL -- oops, I mean, Compaq, and it's very different
from a Shark or even EBSA-285. =)

At 08:11 PM 10/4/98 +0100, Neil A. Carson wrote:
>Edwin Foo wrote:
>
>> Also, an unrelated question -- is EBSA-285 support, or more specifically,
>> FootBridge 21285 support, integrated into the lastest -current sources?
>
>I believe so---it should be pretty obvious, the
>sys/arch/arm32/footbridge directory I believe will be there :-)
>
>Apologies for my attitude on the offchance it's not :-)
>
>	Neil
>
>--
>Neil A. Carson

Edwin Foo        | MIT Computer Science - BS '98, MEng. '99
efoo@mit.edu     | Compaq Computer Corp. - Cambridge Research Lab
(617) 225-9715   | MIT Residential Computing Consultant (RCC) Developer

       "Love must be sincere; Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
http://hesed.mit.edu/~efoo                       - Romans 12:9 <><