Subject: Re: StrongARM replacement, 20 names on my list
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Garrard <fluppet@fluppet.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1998 18:51:21
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Chris Manning wrote:

> My understanding of what I've read in the Acorn newsgroups is that
> the version of RISC-OS that was to have been supplied with Phoebe
> requires a rev T StrongARM.
>
> I guess there's not much chance of seeing that OS now, but I can see
> little point in upgrading to a rev S processor.

Well, being able to run RiscBSD seriously without it falling over every
few minutes would be nice. :-) This wasn't quite what I had in mind when I
went to the trouble of using the Clan offer to pay in advance for my
StrongARM. The sad thing is that I also signed up for the 700+FPA upgrade
that never happened, and I suspect that would have served me far better.

--
Andrew W. Garrard          Advanced Rendering Technology Ltd.
Graphics Programmer        Mount Pleasant House, 2 Mount Pleasant