Subject: Re: KDE and QT lib - Compiling problems
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Hoggarth <njh@kernighan.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/01/1998 19:17:19
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Peter Teichmann wrote:

> It did not want to compile kdelibs. It happened when compiling
> kdelibs/kdecore/kdebug.cpp. A bit sttange is that the last file successfully
> compiled before was also kdebug.cpp, but with additional options -fPIC.
> So it might be a compiler problem?

Been there. Done that. It falls over with an internal GCC error (this is
not uncommon, but in this case the writers of the makefile have helpfully
redirected the output of the compile to /dev/null, so you don't see what
happens unless you dig!)

I hacked the makefile in the directory concerned to stop it from using the
optimiser (remove -O flag) and rebuilt.

Talking of KDE: does anybody know what kcminput is supposed to do? It
dumps core every time I log in. Things seem to work okay anyway!

Regards,

Neil Hoggarth.