Subject: Re: 1.3a on an A7000+
To: David Boddie <davidb@dcs.st-and.ac.uk>
From: Neil Hoggarth <neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/11/1998 12:51:05
On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, David Boddie wrote:

> I am attempting to install RiscBSD 1.3alpha (from the Causality CD) on an
> A7000+, but I'm not having much success.

I'm afraid I don't know whether the A7000+ works or not, but a couple of
notes, for what its worth:

1. I think that you definitely want an A7INST kernel rather than an
RPCINST kernel.

2. The classic mistake, having FTPed a kernel from the net, is to forget
that these things are normally gzipped. You need to unzip them before
you can use them.

Regards,

Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology
http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/~njh/                     Oxford University, UK