Subject: Re: cheap performance boost tip
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/31/1998 09:31:29
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 01:12:05 -0700 (PDT)
 Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> wrote:

 > Now, it looks like "default configuration parameters" really means "it does
 > something safe, but too complicated for me to spell out here in a sentence."
 > I would hope that it simply means the primary swap area will be used (and
 > this might be totally in memory and not correspond to any disk partition).

Even if you specify a "partition", all swap devices will be used in
in accordance w/ the interleave/priority associated with them.

 > Don't get me started about the value of man pages cross-referenced to an
 > HTML-ized archive of the source code.

Uh... program is /sbin/mount_mfs, so logically the source is in
src/sbin/mount_mfs.  Of course, mount_mfs is a link to newfs, so... :-)

 > Actually I was after the "reasonable" setting for how much of the swap area
 > it uses, if you don't hardwire the sector count with -s.

Ah, I think if you don't, it defaults to "the whole thing."  That could be
bad :-)

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942