Subject: Re: ATAPI removable drives ...
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/31/1998 01:48:23
> gallafent# mount -t msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt/zip
> mount_msdos: mount: Device not configured
> Any ideas?

try "disklabel sd0"

If that does not produce something reasonable (compare to the output for your
boot disk), then you've got a deeper problem with that device.

BTW the revision of your ATAPI ZIP (according to the bootup messages) looks
the same as the two that I have which work (one on an i386, one on a CATS),
although I did have to return one for "non-media hardware errors" before I
had two that both worked.

However the "illegal request" message is not good. I have never gotten one
of those while accessing my ZIP drives. Is it possible for you to put the
ZIP on another machine just to verify that it can function correctly?

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com