Subject: Next problem....
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Molton <mh120608@cr10m.staffs.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/30/1998 02:13:07
I have sorted the PTY problem now, thanks!

Now I have hit some other problems.

I tried installing fvwm off the CD, but it moans about
libXsomething-1.4something not being present. Where might I find it?

also, there is a directory called "ports" on my 1.3_ALPHA cdrom, but
nothing I've tried has worked - I tried amp, lesstiff and xosview.

I did ./configure on each, and only amp actually completed this stage,

I did a make on amp, but it died part way through.

I get the impression that the ports directory doesnt actually contain any
ports... Why?

I'd really like to get fvwm working, and any suggestions on making it run
in 1600x1200x256 cols would be great... (I tried it in the configurer, but
it always defaults to 1024x768x8bpp.)

Thanks!

--
-Ian aka Lennier