Subject: Re: Risc BSD for Pheobe?
To: Graham Bell <aaa358@home.cam.net.uk>
From: Neil A. Carson <neil@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/27/1998 16:20:06
Graham Bell wrote:

> This maybe the wrong place for this but... could anyone tell me th current
> and/or proposed development of Risc BSD on the Risc PC-II. I'm looking to move
> to a R-PC or R-PC II soon but I need a form of BSD UNIX on my machine.

Current state of development---like most (if not all) software packages
for the RiscPC II, nothing hasbeen done because there aren't any
machines to develop on yet.

Proposed---Acorn have agreed to supply Mark with a machine so that we
can port to it, which shouldn't be too bad. Ongoing CATS development
(www.chaltech.com) has a bit higher priority at the moment than the
Acorn stuff but I'd still guess it will get done without too much
diffiulty as stuff like the VIDC etc is pretty much the same.

RiscPC current---It works.

	Cheers,

	Neil

--