Subject: Re: FilecoreFS
To: Timothy Coltman <tim@fivehighfield.demon.co.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/24/1998 03:03:36
On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, Timothy Coltman wrote:

> Where can I get hold of filecorefs? I read loads of people talking about
> it but no-one mentions where it resides on the web.

filecorefs is in NetBSD-current source tree.

Cheers,
				Mark

> PS Stupid question: can FilecoreFS be used as a substitute for UnixFS
> (ie. reading and writing from the ROS side of things?)
Filecorefs is the opppsite of unixfs. unixfs provides ffs support for
RiscOS and filecorefs provides RISCOS filecore support for NetBSD. Both
can be used to xfer files between RISCOS and NetBSD.

> PPS.Another question: does FilecoreFS support Simtec's IDEFS card? >
This is irrelevant from filecorefs's point of view. it is just a
filesystem and is nothing to do with the interface the filesystem resides
on. The simtec IDE interface is supported so all you need is to make sure
you have partitions in the NetBSD disklabel for the RISCOS partitions and
you should be able to mount them.