Subject: NetBSD/arm32 on CATS
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Neil Hoggarth <neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/18/1998 13:42:35
Hi Folks!

My CATS ATX system turned up at the end of last week. I wanted to
check the status of the CATS support in the publically available
NetBSD-current source tree, and how this compares to the system source
which came pre-installed on the machine's disk?

If I was to sup current system source, would I be upgrading,
downgrading or breaking what I've got at the moment?  :-)

I note that support for the CATS is described as "work in progress" on
the NetBSD/arm32 web pages, but I'm not sure how up to date this
information is.

Also: Is anyone successfully using a SCSI card with a CATS board yet?
I'll need one to connect up my tape drive. Can I just pick a card off
the list of MI PCI drivers and expect it to work?
(http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pci.html seems to imply that this is
the case, but I'd like some reassurance before I part with any cash
:-)).

Regards,

Neil Hoggarth                                 Departmental Computer Officer
<neil.hoggarth@physiol.ox.ac.uk>                   Laboratory of Physiology
http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/~njh/                     Oxford University, UK