Subject: Re: README: changes to CS8900 driver
To: None <richard.earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/13/1998 14:59:48
> Is there any way to access the properties from the ROM monitor program?  I
> can't find much documentation on the monitor, but it seems to have far
> more than the help suggests.

The "ROM monitor program" implements the OpenFirmware as specified in
IEEE 1275.

Have a look at ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/p1275/coredoc/1275-1994/1275.ps.gz,
it's essentially the specification, only differing in some formatting aspects
(afaics).

You may also want to look into http://playground.sun.com/1275/home.html,
where you can find the "ARM Processor Instruction Set Architecture Supplements"
and the "Digital Network Appliance Platform Bindings", among other bindings
to the ISA/PCI bus etc.

Hope it helps.

Ciao,
Wolfgang