Subject: Re: Connect32-SCSI-Adapter
To: Jan-Uwe Finck <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Peter Teichmann <teich-p@Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1998 18:43:34
In message <35D1BE50.BE5B96A5@bigfoot.de> you wrote:

> I know the text files coming with 1.3.2 say it is supported, but is it
> possible there is a bug in it ??
> Whenever I try to install everything including the booting with the
> INST-Kernel  runs well, but when trying to labeling my HD it falls
> asleep...

There is a bug in the actual Connect32 driver, I am very sure about that.
It manages to detect my SCSI devices, so it can not be totally wrong.
But when trying to mount a CD, it fails. I had older kernels which
worked correctly.

As far as I have seen, those kernels that write something like AM53CF94
do not work, and those writing ESP200 or similar work. Unfortunally all
actual kernels do not work...

Perhaps the old driver should be included again in the kernels?

--
Peter Teichmann

Email: teich-p@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de  WWW: rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~teich-p