Subject: KDE and CATS
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/06/1998 09:59:44
I'm running KDE on a CATS board. In any of the KDE apps (kfm, kvt, etc.)
both backspace and Delete delete forward (or give ~ in kvt). I have to use
Ctrl-H to delete. However, in other apps (e.g. xterm) everything behaves
as normal. I'm setting the keyboard mapping to g1 at startup with kcon.
The KDE help seems to only says about adding applications and there are no
relevant entries in the keyboard section of kcontrol. I know that Neil at
least has KDE running on a CATS, so what's the trick to getting keyboard
mappin sorted out?

Also, I've found that with kde 4.1b, kpanel (the icon bar
type thing) won't applications when chosen from the menu (this happens on
a RiscPC as well). With a full 3.1b installation, I remember it working,
but the fix isn't as simple as running the 3.1b kpanel with 4.1b.

Anyone compiled up KDE 1.0 (the first full release) yet?

Stephen Borrill