Subject: Re: What are the advantages of UVM?
To: William Gallafent <William.Gallafent@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/04/1998 01:47:41
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, William Gallafent wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:
>
> [upgrading setup to UVM]
> > Should be well worth it, although it appears to have shown up what could
> > be some bugs somewhere in the Acorn architecture support (probably
> > console...). That said, few people have reported bugs but most have
> > enjoyed higher stability and performance, I think.
>
> > Best upgrade your user and kernel to Marks new snapshot, which I think
> > will be coming soon.
>
> Ah, a new snapshot. Does this mean that I shouldn't bother downloading the
> (errrmmmm 8/6/98 is it) most recent snapshot (UVM), but should wait for
> this one? How long is it likely to be before it appears?
Hi,
  There will be a new snapshot coming soon. Other than the general changes
that have occurred the main reason for the new snapshot will be to pick up
some changes I have made to crt0.o

AS to how soon it will be online, well testing the crt0.o changes appears
ok so it will just depend how long it takes me to upload about 30MB via
33.6Kbaud modem ;-)

Cheers,
				Mark