Subject: Getting output from Printer
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Glenn Todd <gtodd@iconz.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/25/1998 22:19:37
Steve,

Yes found I hadn't enable the lpd daemon in rc.

However still cannot get any  output other than two blank pages every
time I use the lpr -PHP5L /public/textfile

 I have created the following in /etc/printcap for my Laserjet 5L
 connect through the RPC Parallel port:

#	$NetBSD: printcap,v 1.4 1997/02/15 10:02:22 mikel Exp $
#	from: @(#)printcap	8.1 (Berkeley) 6/9/93

HP5L|lp|local line printer:\
	:lp=/dev/lpa0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

If I do lpc status HP5L I get the following

HP5L:
	queuing is enabled
	printing is enabled
	no entries
	printer idle

The /var/spool/lpd directory is created with the owner & group at daemon
and did a chmod 755.  the .seq, lock and status files exist.

Any ideas why I cannot get anything but blank pages.

--
Glenn Todd
New Zealand