Subject: Re: best cd source of netbsd
To: 'port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG' <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@staff.argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/23/1998 12:14:29
On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Neil A. Carson wrote:

> Jesus Eugenio Sanchez wrote:
> >
> > http://www.netbsd.com
>
> I think someone mentioned this could not be shipped to the UK.

Well since we have a CD burner and a 256K line, and already have a machine
suping -current every night...

	We arn't really able to produce hundreds of cd's since we've only
one cd burner and it only works under windows (someone who will remain
nameless bought an ATAPI one which dosn't even want to work with linux, let
alone Net/FreeBSD (it's a HP 7100)). This also means that it writes cd's in
the 'packetised' cd format which Acorn's can't read...

[If we get *loads* of orders I can probably persuade the mgmt to let me get
a SCSI one - which we need anyway..]

I've got pleminiary approval to do it depending on the number of orders, so
if you want one, ask - no garentees tho...

The cd will contain:

the 1.3.2 arm32 release from ftp.netbsd.org
the vairous patches of the C[++] compiler
Xarm from ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk
source for all the packages (if they will fit). (and license conditions...)

complete 1.3.2 source tree - including all the other arcetectures if they will
fit.

we can almost do custom ones - if people want -current, or the i386 snapshot
that appeared a couple of days ago, or the whole of
ftp.prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu, or whatever, just ask and we'll see what we can
do.

they will be 9.99 each including p'n'p.

If there are any newer distributions of arm32 (like the UVM kernels), or
that shark stuff that anyone wants then i'll get them too.

Oh - I knows there's a couple of people who've done usefull extras for
netbsd-arm32 (like the SVGAlib port and the ADFS port) - if they
want there stuff on it then just ask too ;-)

--
Jasper Wallace                                Argo Interactive Group PLC
+44 (0)1243 815815                                 Unix Systems support,