Subject: Re: UVM and top
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Baeurle <emw4maba@gp.fht-esslingen.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/22/1998 15:48:49
Hi Neil!

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.980720185856.22285H-100000@fm3.facility.pipex.com>
          "Neil A. Carson" <carson@causality.com> wrote:

> Yep I am still interested but won't be ablet o easily access mail until
> the end of the week...

OK, here it comes.
The kernel was built from NetBSD-current sources as of July 11 (maybe minus
one or two days). I have 48+2 MB of RAM.
As I said, I have found two cases where a panic occus. It always happens
while compiling and I think it also happened once during an exhaustive search
on the disk.

First one:
Failed page fault in kernel
[u]vm_fault(0xf00f7f50, f22b0000, 1, 0) -> 2
panic: Halting (frame=0xf2a47e30)

Traceback (I just write the number in brackets and omit the repeated name of
the function):
_Debugger(0x10)
_panic(0x14)
_data_abort_handler(0x10)
_amap_wipeout(0x10)
_amap_unref(0x10)
_uvm_unmap_detach(0x10)
_uvm_unmap(0x10)
_uvm_deallocate(0x10)
_exit1(0x10)
_sys_exit(0x10)
_syscall(0x10)

Second (and more frequent) one:
Data abort: Translation fault (section) status=005, addr=400000, PC=f0098250
Section fault in SVC mode
[u]vm_fault(0xf1251f00,400000,1,0) -> 1
            ^^^^differs
panic: Halting (frame=0xf2a2cd9c) <- always the same

Traceback:
_Debugger(0x10)
_panic(0x14)
_data_abort_handler(0x10)
_amap_copy(0x10)
_udv_attach(0x604)
_uvm_fault(0x10)
_data_abort_handler(0x10)

Hope you have an idea what the problem could be.
--
So long, Markus

PGP key available on request or from
my homepage at http://www.gp.fht-esslingen.de/students/emw4maba