Subject: Re: No buffer space available
To: , <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pwain@nc.com <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/15/1998 16:20:33
>From looking at this quickly it sounds exactly like mbuf exhaustion. I believe
these are fixed in number (they were under the RiscOS port of the BSD
networking code :) [1]

I dont recall how, when I was looking at this area of NetBSD, I changed it
(there is a config option or rather a way to get config to do it) - but I know
I ran a machine for a while that was just a network client with 64 mbufs.
Sounds like you need to find the default current amount and double it (or if
you're short on memory add a few - remember they are statically allocated!).

A good place to start looking would be sys/kern/uipc_mbuf.c

Paul.

[1] Remember the RiscOS !Internet is just a port of the BSD4.3/4.4 network
layer - not that I would know :)

--
Paul Wain
Development Manager, NCOS (Corporate Client/Server)

This message was sent from a StrongARM based n|c