Subject: NetBSD-arm32 V1.3 Alpha upgrades
To: NetBSD-arm32 <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: K Sherratt <ksherratt@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/14/1998 19:19:06
Wotcha all.

Righto, here's my question. I have a copy of netBSD-arm32 version 1.3Alpha
that I got on gold (green really) CD. I have downloaded a few kernals and
got them to work but I dont really know what I am doing.

So, what do I need to do to get the latest version of NetBSD-arm32? I dont
mind downloading large files (I can do that at Uni). And what are all the
different versions of the kernals? Ppl talk about UVM and snapshots, but I
dont really have a clue as to what they are.

Also, can anyone recommend a not to expensive book on UNIX?

Sorry for all the thick questions, but I have mainly been a UNIX user, not
a UNIX owner.

TIA, Karl

--
___________________________/ ksherratt@argonet.co.uk