Subject: Bootloader option for disabling ICS ARCIN IDE interface?
To: RiscBSD <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Millen <dmill@globalnet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/11/1998 10:58:20
Salutations,

Some time ago, there was a posting that gave a bootloader option for disabling
te podulebus for those with an ICS IDE interface. At the time this was not an
option for me, since my NetBSD setup was on 2 drives connected to this inerface,
and I'm afraid the message has been binned - can someone let me know what it is?

I have now done a fresh install onto a drive on the motherboard interface and
would like to be able to use the latest kernels/kernel source, but the ICS code
does not seem to be built in yet.

I am able to use the system with a kernel supplied by Mark, but this must be way
out of date by now and may be causing some of the problems that I am
experiencing (lots of permisssion denied things + problems recognising added
users).

cheers,
Dave
--
Customer: "I'm running Windows 95 and Internet Explorer 4."
Tech Support: "Y-e-e-e-e-s........"

e-mail: dmill@globalnet.co.uk
net: http://www.largesalad.co.uk