Subject: 1.3a filesystem problems
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David O'Shea <doshea01@cork.cig.mot.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/09/1998 09:41:22
Hi,

I've had a look through the archives, but I haven't managed to find an answer
to my problem there, so I hope someone on this list can help me...

Just after making the superblock backups during the install, I get this error:

newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): No such process
newfs: /dev/rwd0a: can't rewrite disk label

And similarly for /dev/rwd0e. However, the installer continues on reegardless
and mounts the filesystems, then copies the stuff on, and all seems ok, you can
use the filesystems away, no bother.

But then, I rebooted...here's the tail of the boot messages:
boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
wd0: no disk label
no file system for wd0 (dev 0x1000)
cannot mount root, error = 79
root device (default wd0a): _

And it won't mount wd0e either...
So I rebooted with the install kernel, and did a 'disklabel -r /dev/wd0'
I got a 'no disklabel' message, but the partition table looked ok. I couldn't
mount any partition though, 'device not configured'...

Please help!

David O'Shea.

--
David O'Shea                  |
Motorola Ireland Ltd.         |  Tel.:  +353-21-511435