Subject: Re: Installing on SCSI-III card
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Willcock <mwillc@euriskosoft.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/27/1998 07:57:32
In message <Marcel-1.45-0526200124-b49gr+o@a-e-g.demon.co.uk>
          Neil Farnham-Smith <neil@alsystems.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue 26 May, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> >
> > I'll just point out (as an aside) that 1.3A is ANCIENT....
> >
> > .pm
> >
> > Matthew Willcock writes:
> > > I've been trying to re-install NetBSD-1.3A on my 1Gb SCSi
> > > disc connected to  a Alsystems SCSI card,  the kernel strats
> > > and gets as far as recognising the scsi card, but hen hangs
> > > as it trys to find the targets on the scsi bus.
> > >
> > > Any ideas why it does this, I really need to install NetBSD
> > > again.
>
> Hi all,
>
> As far as I know the SCSI drivers included with RiscBSD have only
> been written for the SCSI II v1.0x and v2.0x hardware.
>
> The SCSI III card is much later than the drivers, and so they may
> not be fully compatible for installation.
>
> Saying that, our copy of RiscBSD runs happily from a Ultra SCSI
> III v2.0x card and 1GB IBM drive.
>
> I have not tested it with our Ultra SCSI III v3.01 board design,
> as this has only recently been launched.
That could be the reason, I've got the V3.01 board.

> On a better point, our developer does have the latest version of
> RiscBSD, and will *look into the possibility* of finishing the
> existing driver or writing new drivers for RiscBSD to support the
> Power-tec range of products (including PowerROM).
>

> He may need help, so if anyone has some time who also has
> experence of using RiscBSD with our card can offer direct e-mail
> support to our developer then please e-mail me.

If I can be of any help, let me know my email address is below.I am
just about to finish my exams so will have some spare time :-)

--
Matthew Willcock                                      Eurisko Software
mwillc@@essex.ac.uk                       info@euriskosoft.demon.co.uk