Subject: Re: Cryptozilla vailable
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: pwain@nc.com <pwain@nc.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/20/1998 01:25:02
Hi,

Neil A. Carson wrote on Thu, 20 May 1998 16:54:51 GMT:

     > > I downloaded it, unzipped it, ran it and it worked immediately.
     > > Congratulations with a well done job!
     >
     > blimey! most congrats should go to markus of course.
     >
     > > When I start cryptozilla as a background task, it shows the
     > > following messages:
     > >
     > > Warning: Actions not found: PageUp, PageDown
     > > Warning: Actions not found: PageDown, LineUp, LineDown, PageUp, PageUp, PageDown
     > > (the above 2 lines are repeated 9 more times)
     > >
     > > but it continues to work anyway.
     >
     > yeah, that seems to happen. funny old program.

This is probably because you dont have an XKeySym.db file and lesstiff uses one
much like say motif did. That at least is my guess. Either that or there are some
erroneous entries in the Netscape.ad file.

     > > Are the mail and news parts of Netscape parts of the public available
     > > source? If so, can we expect to get an updated version of cryptozilla
     > > which includes mail- and news-handling?
     >
     > i think those sources go out sometime very soon and will probably get
     > merged into cryptozilla sometime after that. unless i'm already too late
     > and this has happened! i found the netscape messenger a big improvement
     > over riscos mail. with ns 3 it was marginal, but with ns4 i was a
     > convert :-) and still use it now!

The mail sources should be out in a day or two. However the mail db layer is still
not being released which will probably mean it takes a week or two for a gdb layer
to come on line (looking at the mail and news code for NS4 on my HD). So dont
expect a working mail/news component for a few more weeks, possibly a month or
two if you dont want to lose mail to a bug in the mail layer :)

Neil, do you still have a copy of the ns3 with mail/news? Wow :) That must be
one of the last arm32 ones left :)

     > > Which plug-ins are supported? Is cryptozilla able to handle
     > > audio/video-streaming?
     >
     > any that there's an arm version of. which means next to none in
     > practice, i think.

Well of course there is an Arm32 version of the Oracle Video Server plug I
would guess that that is next to useless really :) However there are some
plugins out there in source format and since all they are is really just a
shared library they should port.

Paul
--
Paul Wain
Development Manager, NCOS (Corporate Client/Server)

This message was sent from a StrongARM based n|c