Subject: Failing to build 1.3 release
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Hobbs <stevehobbs@enterprise.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/10/1998 09:58:55
Hi,

I am trying to build my own kernel from the 1.3release sources on ftp.netbsd.org
on my 1.3A setup. I downloaded syssrc.tar.gz, and 2 hours later, installed it
over the previous /usr/src/sys heirachy that I'd extracted off the 1.3A CD.
make depend completes ok, but when I try to make, the compiler bombs out
when compiling arm32/disassem.c, with the error "argument format specified for non-function di_printf". It did this with the source off the CD as well.
What have I failed to notice this time? :-)

Should I be getting newer arm32 sources from ph.kcl.ac.uk ? if so, can anybody
give clear instructions as to which.

It is very difficult to keep track of these sort of things on a part-time basis!

Many thanks to all those who have been involved in the port.

--
Stephen Hobbs.
(Almost) Final Year Electronic Engineering Student, Brunel University, London.