Subject: Argh! RiscBSD has Died!!
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl@University <phums@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/07/1998 23:45:54
Righto, this has probably been asked before, but I've been away from the
list for _ages_

I just installed an I^3 ethernet card (it claims it is an etherlan 600).
RiscOS works outta the box. Ok, so fire up BSD. The boot gets as far as
'checking network interfaces' and then hangs the machine (power off time)

I even tried a reinstall of BSD, but that didnt help. Running Configure
after the install said it was building device nodes etc, but after a
restart there were no files in /dev except /dev/fd/ .

The following may be usefull

RPC +SA
3.2 Gb HD, with 0.7Gb given to RiscBSD
RiscBSD Version 1.3 Alpha

Any help gladly accepted, and praised for evermore (at least, until I
forget ;-) )