Subject: Re: Revision K strongarms ...
To: Tony Houghton <tonyh@tcp.co.uk>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/02/1998 11:02:20
> I've seen here have two conflicting views. Most people seem to think
> that the problem is caused by the LDM instruction itself lying on a page
> boundary, but at least one posting says it's if the data it's loading is
> on a page boundary.

I have seen an erratum which described a problem with LDMIB loading
data crossing a page boundary, with the previous symptoms i've
described (here, i think 8-).  That erratum can probably be obtained
by calling the one of the Digital Semi. phone numbers, of their web
pages.

>From what I understand, that exists in rev S SA-110 (i.e. the ones
in DNARD/Shark systems).  I don't know if it exists on previous or
later SA-110 revisions, or if it exists in other CPUs which use the
StrongARM-1 core.

cgd
(not speaking for Digital)