Subject: About to upgrade to 1.3 - any tips ?
To: ARM32 Port <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Barrass [RISCBSD] <riscbsd@knight-soft.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/31/1998 19:47:21
Hi,

I'm finally getting around to upgrading my RiscBSD installation to
version 1.3

Are there any tips - I see from the install documentation that there is
no supported way of upgrading - if I have to do a complete install - do
I have to know all the allocation figures for the different partitions..I
no longer seem to have the bit of paper with that info on ! - can I re-find
this information again ?

I did have a quick try of using the RPCINST kernel (from the Netbsd mirror
ftp sites) but this doesn't seem to work (I immediately end up with a db>
prompt :-( )

Many thanks in advance

	Richard
--