Subject: Serving Acorn CDs
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: S.J. Borrill <sjb42@cus.cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/23/1998 13:55:58
I see there is a patch for Acorn CDs for Linux (see below). Any plans for
NetBSD to incorporate such a thing?

Stephen Borrill

From: Matthew Wilcox <mrw103@york.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.announce
Subject: Serve Acorn CDs from a Linux server

I have implemented a patch against the current Linux development kernel
(2.1.89) which implements filename translation (mapping _ to !) and
filetypes (by appending `,xxx' to the end of filenames as NFS clients
expect).  The upshot of this is that one can now run applications from
an NFS-mounted CD-ROM drive exported from a Linux machine.  I'd like
people to test this before I submit the patch to Linus.  If you're
interested, it's available from

ftp://ftp.barnet.ac.uk/pub/Acorn/armlinux/acorn-cd.patch

If there's sufficient demand, I'll make a patch available against the
current stable kernel (2.0.33), but I haven't had a problem with 2.1.89