Subject: Test kernels
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/22/1998 23:15:03
Hi,
  Ok there are some new kernels available online in the directory

ftp://ftp.ph.kcl.ac.uk:/pub/acorn/RiscPC/kernels/

where config is the name of the kernel config file (A7000, RISCPC,
VOYAGER), date is the build date and type is the kernel type.

Kernels of type "cur" are build from NetBSD-current sources updated on the
build date.
Kernels of type "test" are test kernels for features not necessarily
intergrated into -current yet.

New features in -current include replacement of eh and em drivers with an
attachment to the NE2000 driver, rewritten oak SCSI 1 driver, new cumana
SCSI 1 driver

New features in the test kernels include the changes for -current plus
rewritten IDE drivers to use the new MI wdc driver. This include drivers
for the ICS ARCIN V5 and ARCIN V6 IDE cards.

If folks would like to test these kernels and let me know if there are any
problems feel free ... ;-)

In particular I would like to know about problems / success with the ICS
drivers, the oak and csa drivers and the ne driver.

Cheers,
				Mark